In this programme, we are examining North Dublin’s Ballymun as a sample community that has come a long way in the struggle against addiction and you will hear from outreach program in South Dublin that provide a range of drug recovery methods and mental health related services. You also learn of Native American/holistic addiction recovery methods including sweat lodges, drumming, and spirituality and how such approaches are gaining popularity.
- Director of Ballymun Poppintree project Ray Corcoran and
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown outreach programme Team Leader Christy Rankin discuss the impact of community work to help to prevent and heal addiction.
- Native American Indian Waylon Gary Whitedeer opens a window into the Native American approach to recovery.
- Joe shares about the importance of a compassionate approach to those in addiction while Darren Maguire explains how dance can bring bliss and happiness without the use of drugs.
- Blancharstown rapper James Costello, Director of Ballymun Poppintree project Ray Corcoran and Ballymun Community youth worker Dean Scurry mshare the need of the community to help recovering addicts.
Next Episode: Reconnecting: 5. Moving Forward>>>